Monday, March 18, 2013

Be Confident!

Confidence

Something I think we all strive for these days, especially with society bringing us down, bullies getting on our nerves, and even family and friends picking on us.

Let me tell you something though, when you're confident, all of that slowly seems to fade away.

Now, when I say confidence, I don't mean conceitedness. When I say confidence, I mean being comfortable in your own skin, with your own special talents, with your own personality, with your own dreams and goals, but not trying to outshine everybody else's. Sounds like a pretty hard thing to do, but once you learn to accept yourself for who you are, you can learn to accept others. Once you learn to accept others for who they are, even their faults and weaknesses, everything is so much easier.

I'm not saying you're not going to have any troubles with anything, in fact I know you'll have rough days, hard days, stressful days. Everybody does. But in general, things will get easier.

Once you learn to accept yourself and grow in confidence, those unkind, harsh, offensive words from bullies, society, even friends and family, won't matter. And like I said above, they'll slowly go away. Because once they see that their words aren't getting through to you, they'll stop and, sadly, they'll pick on someone else.

Now, you're probably thinking: 'Kelsey, you're talking about confidence and what happens when you have confidence, but I do I become confident in myself?'. The answer is simple, but it takes times.

You can gain confidence and eventually be very confident in yourself by accepting one thing at a time. You can start with something little, and work up to the big things. Like I said though, it takes time. You're not just gonna wake up in the morning and radiate with confidence. Give yourself time, don't feel like you have to rush. In the mean time, try to ignore the bullies, and don't listen to the media or society. Go to a close friend and talk if you need to.

If you have any questions you would like to ask me, my e-mail is: likearocketinthesky@gmail.com

I'll leave you with a couple of my favorite quotes about confidence.



And finally...

<3 Kelsey ;-)

5 comments:

  1. I love the second quote! :)

    Your post about confidence reminds me of a doctor I recently had. i was confident at first but as time (which was monthly visits) passed on, he slowly dragged me down. He was actually rude and made fun of me! I'm not kidding. i have a new doctor which I'll be meeting this wed., and I hope she i s a good doctor. So i'm a little worried.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's terrible! Doctors are supposed to help, not make things worse! I'm glad you're going to see a new doctor and I hope and pray that everything turns out! <3

      -Kelsey

      Delete
    2. Aww thank you so much! i'll need it.

      Delete
  2. Just came back from my visit and all seemed good. I had to come and thank you for your prayers. It's a miracle! That's how bad the health care is here in the US. So thank you so much for your prayers, I am truly grateful. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy to hear that! God is good!! And anytime! I'm glad to help anyone I can! <3 God Bless

      Delete